For years Somerville's Taza Chocolate and Drink Craft Beer have paired beer and chocolate in an annual event to raise money for The Greater Boston Food Bank. Last year we sold-out the event in about 45 minutes.
Over the years, we've raised OVER $30,000 for the charity. That's 90,000 meals that they can provide to people in need. This year, we'll raise almost $10,000, which will put us well over the 100,000 meals provided mark!
On Saturday, February 20th, 2016 from 7-9:30pm Drink Craft Beer and Taza Chocolate are taking over the Somerville Armory in Somerville, MA...but we won't be alone. We'll be hosting:
- 10 craft brewers, each providing a beer paired with a Taza Chocolate, including:
- Backlash Beer Co.
- Bantam Cider
- Baxter Brewing Co.
- Castle Island Beer
- Far From the Tree Cider
- Foolproof Brewing Co.
- Notch Brewing Co.
- Rising Tide Brewing Co.
- Two Roads Brewing Co
- One TBD brewer
- 6 local chefs to create custom bites incorporating Taza Chocolate
- Black Bird Donuts - Head Baker Anna Roine (South End Boston)
- Coda - Chef Matt Baker (South End Boston)
- Coppersmith Restaurant - Chef Craig Williams (South Boston)
- Highland Kitchen - (Somerville)
- Union Square Donuts - (Somerville)
- Whole Heart Provisions - (Allston)
For just $30, you'll get:
- Unlimited 2oz samples of 10 craft beers paired with Taza Chocolates
- Sample each bite from 6 local chefs
- Meet the crew from several of your favorite breweries and local restaurants
- A chance to provide meals to local families in need
- Thanks to a generous donation from the Massachusetts Beverage Alliance, 100% of your ticket price goes directly to charity!
Tickets are limited so be sure to get yours fast! This event will sell out quickly!